Yesterday, Steve and I went to our first parenting class to really get this adoption process moving. I was excited all day, anticipating being with other people who had these common goals. It also meant spending some time with Steve to become better at a task we have been working on with our own two for seven years.
But, the way the day started, I was wondering if I should rethink the whole "add another kid into this mix"...but that story is for another post that includes the joys(or trauma) of teaching phonics. A few deep breaths later and a prayer or two, we got the day back on track.
The girls were so elated to be spending the evening with Kay-Kay aka Kelley, who is the best thing out there next to cherry coke or a shopping spree. But, who would have ever thought the day would end the way it did. I love Kay-Kay, BUT, the remnants of her night of babysitting are still lingering.
It is indescribable.
They had a blast. Made cookies. Painted. Played. Watched tv. Read books. We talked. Met new friends. Ate. Shopped. Laughed. Talked via the cell phone for most of the hour ride home from the parenting class...yet,who would have thought I would walk in my home to this...
BURNED MICROWAVE POPCORN.
She feels awful.
She forgot to just push the popcorn button.
"Oh, the smoke billowed," she giggled.
I woke up at 3:00 a.m., because of the stink.
Will the microwave survive? Who has tips on ways to remove the cooked on soot? Any helpful hints are appreciated. Have a wonderful day and pop a bag just for me.