Tuesday, October 28, 2008

YUM!

Some might get tired of hearing about Florida's incredible weather that we woke up to yesterday, but it is giving me a chance to be happy about making a pot of chili. Another recipe that is a must for any kitchen is this one. It screams fall. It makes you want to go collect leaves. It makes you want a fire to snuggle up in front of. Does this sound amazing? Okay, so I might be putting a little more importance on this than I should.

But, go vote today. Be an overachiever and get it done early.

Call a few friends and make your kids happy with a playdate in this lovely weather and bring this along to sit around and chat.

Pumpkin Dip
1 can of pumpkin (I like using the pie mix)

2 bars of cream cheese (leave out to get soft)

1 box of ginger snaps

Mix together pumpkin and cream cheese. Chill for an hour. Use cookies to dip. Enjoy.

If you choose to use just the pumpkin puree, you must add sugar and spices. The end result for taste is about the same, but the puree makes it a thicker dip.

3 comments:

The Russ Family said...

Yum-O. I'm all about pumpkin this time of year. We had pumpkin crisp the other weekend. It was good. I will have to try this very, very soon.

Melissa said...

Did you find canned pumpkin?? At Publix they don't have any...said there was a bad pumpkin crop this year.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I've never seen the pumpkin pie mix!! I'll have to try it in my pumpkin mousse recipe...thanks for sharing.

Xandra