Monday, October 27, 2008

The 50's

Without opening the doors this morning, you could not have guessed what the weather was like. Looking out the front window, the sun was shining and it looked as if it were going to be a normal Florida day.

But then, we opened the doors and WHEW!!!!!!!! Can you believe it?

Okay, so this is not our yard or even my kid. We don't have snow, we just have temps in the fifties. So,the girls went running for their coats, boots and long pants.

I instantly knew school would be postponed. So we don't get snow days. We get "let's start an hour later so we can enjoy the brisk weather".

And I pulled out the Chai Tea,(if you haven't had the Tazo brand, pick some up today)added my milk and sugar, and went and sat on the back porch. The weather is such a delightful change, the cluttered porch did not even phase me. So, I guess cooler temperatures cause me to be in denial. But one thing I am sure about, it is...

...the fun group of blog friends I have, I loved catching up with all the stories last night. Real women, real life. My own reality shows. Love em.

7 comments:

lori said...

Oh we came right back in the house and grabbed our coats...

ps whose kid is that top one anyway

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog Jill. You have such a precious family. It is fun to keep up with your family even though we haven't seen each other in a long time. I think of you often.
Love you,
Pam

Melissa said...

'Oh yes, Lord, yes, Lord, yes, yes, yes' is all I kept singing this morning!!

Hannah said...

I loved how cool it was this morning! It makes me want to brew some coffee(which I don't drink) and just enjoy the smell! Something about the cool weather that does it to me! I can't wait for the next two mornings to get colder and colder! For once we won't burn up on Halloween!! YEAH!!

Christina said...

It was SUCH a gorgeous day in South FLorida too...Had to take my girls out to the park!

Jeanne said...

The picture of that kid is cracking me up! It was a beautiful day! Love me some cold weather! I think I need you to make me some of that tea :)

Stephanie said...

The snow picture had me going for about 1 second. Funny.
It was so cold at night when we were there. I would go outside to blog and be so cold, I would have to get in the bathtub to warm up.
Tim joked I was like an addicted smoker. I had to go out to blog no matter how cold and get my fix.
Enjoy the cozyness of a chilly morning.