Thursday, December 11, 2008

Easy-Bake oven Chefs

It was a girl's night in and Dad was gone and we had some bakin' to do. These two are always helpful in the kitchen and FOOD Network is one of the top five channels in our house. Supplies ready, we got started.

Olivia was head chef, and made sure all was kept fair. She picked the lemon cake and Steph had picked the vanilla icing. I was left to the choice of sprinkles.

This girl knows how to crack an egg ! She had made up some jokes today that cracked me up almost as much.

Stir, stir, and stir. Get that oven ready, batter's up!


Cakes were out, cooled (oh the hardest part of all!) and now came the icing. The end was near!


These are the masterpieces before they were gone lickety-split quick! One of my fondest memories is cooking with my Mother and Grandmother. It is nice to even in this "Easy-bake" way to share some with these two girls.


Delicious!!!!!!!!!!!! And so proud too!

2 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Oohh! We got Gracie an oven this year...I can't wait!

Xandra

Leslie said...

My mom would probably say that I did, but I don't remember ever having an easy bake oven. Oh, I'm jealous. Maybe that is why I don't like baking, I was deprived!