Monday, December 22, 2008

Addictions



So I got a Christmas present from a friend today, it was this award for my blog. How fun. So let me take a minute or two to share with you some of my fabulous addictions.




1. Blogging. It is a connection I am making with people. I really got serious about it this past year. It was a way of keeping in touch with family that we only see at holidays. Then this summer I went to a Beth Moore conference in Texas, met a bunch of ladies who love Jesus and love to blog. New friends. Thus, blogging.


2. Teaching. I love my calling. It is a gift I do not take for granted and neither do I bury it. It is something I adore sharing with my girls, and my friends.


3. Carbonated soda. Pop for you northerners. Coke to you southerners. I love it. Cherry coke mostly. I drink water so that I get a reward of soda. Bad I know.


4. Reading. I love a good book. I will give up sleep,or folded laundry (like I HAVE to give that up), or even clean dishes. Most nights, I must read before I slumber and since I have a great flashlight, it does not bother my adorable husband who is snoring, I mean sleeping next to me.


5. Sushi and Thai food. Could there be a little Asian person in me just screaming to be known? I mean, there are times when there is nothing that will quench my craving like a dish of good curry seasoned food or a bite of soy soaked wasabi seasoned sushi. YUM!




Thanks for the award. Hope you know more of me now.

3 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

All good things to know...we'll have to go out for Thai food next time we meet!

Xandra

Leslie said...

I share many of your addictions, except reading. I wish I had that one. I try but it doesn't seem to be there. Rock on with the Sushi! If Bryan and I ever manage to get a babysitter, that is where we are headed. Have a great day tomorrow!
Love,
Les

FilmAsia said...

Nice blog you got there.

If you like to watch Asian movies welcome to check out mine, updates daily!

If you like my blog please check back daily, thank you :))

http://filmasia.blogspot.com