Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Little girls and tea


The day began with my youngest over and over asking if today could be a tea party day. Then came the British accents.

Next came the role playing with phrases like,
"Mame, could you please attend a social event in our humble home?"
"Those manners are not proper for a young lady."


Then came our short grocery trip and with polite requests came,
"this would be perfect for our afternoon tea."
"Delightful."

I was done for. Even a dip in the pool could not interrupt the thought process of a little girl who wants teatime. Perfect treats. A picked flower just right for the centerpiece. Lovely clothes. A table spread that would make my new blog friend, Sandy, from 4 Reluctant Entertainers proud.


It seems like their future is bright when I see their talents being practiced on each other. What a lovely time we had.

4 comments:

Janet said...

Looks like a lovely party! Avery and Meagan would have loved that, too! Love the new pic of the girls at the header of your blog. They look so beautiful and grown up!

Jeanne said...

First of all, I'm lovin that new picture! Wow, who are those girls? Tea parties and accents...could life get any better? You may just have to bring the party over for "Mary & Tebow" to play!

Sandy said...

What a fun party and a great thing you are doing w/your girls! Thanks for mentioning me, Jill!

Happy Mother's Day!

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

And what an adorable tea set! I think I'm going to start describing things as "delightful" today...

Xandra