Thursday, November 27, 2008

Camping cabins

Our housing over the holiday was wonderful in Williamsburg, but you could say that my directional skills I usually have and use, were left in Florida. We circled the town a number of times and the company I kept, did not help at all. Steve is a support, but not observant. Brent and Amy are directionally challenged so they say a number of times daily. So we found the local walmart and kept our driving to a minimum. The kids loved our cabins, and we did too except for the lack of water, toilet and heat. Oh, there was heat, but it was cold. I mean cold. In the twenties cold. And the water...none. Five hundred yards to the bath house. We bought a bucket at walmart for those early morning bathroom moments. But it was great. If you go, you should look up the KOA. It was only $29.00 a night. Bunks for the girls and a full bed for us. A little squeaky, but really pretty and CLEAN!



4 comments:

Leslie said...

No potty! I don't think I could survive. I love how your girls are up for anything. You guys are going to have so many great memories :)

lori said...

That looks like fun!!

The Russ Family said...

I'm sure there was lots of snuggling going on in the cold cabins. Drew sure misses his girls. I hope Ryan's was good yesterday. :-)

Unknown said...

What fun!!! I've been catching up on your trip a little! Looks and sounds so great!