Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My brother Jason

Here is my brother Jason. He lives in China. He is such a cool guy, and I miss him. He left the USA when Olivia was 6 months old, to teach English. We get to speak to him a few times a year. Stephanie has always shared a fondness for him in her own special way, I think when she heard of his love for chocolate, it sealed the deal! Olivia brags about his MarioKart talents and for his adventurous life, but she would choose to have him here to make memories with.
Spring Break in Beijing, China..

 

The older he gets he looks more like his Father, especially his hands. I know this because one of my fondest childhood memories was getting up the guts to take my stepfathers hand. I also loved being his assistant when he worked on our house. I only lived with Jason for his first five years of life, but they were enough to last me a lifetime, God knew. There is a special place in my heart for him alone, that only he will have. I alone hold the memories for he was too young. I love how as adults we can still speak truthfully to each other about any subject and there is a mutual respect.

I love how he adores our Grandfather. I learned a life lesson from Jason. He was always a great listener to Grandpa, and asked the questions and offered his time and interest in the answer...this caused my Grandfather to bond deeply with him. I saw it more clearly years into my adulthood and applied the wisdom to my life. Thanks little brother.

He will never know the ties that bind unless he has his own kids...he was the youngest of all the various sibling relationships...but he tries. Someday I hope to see him in person again and hang on tight for a very long hug.

No comments: