Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another morning

Another morning arrived and it seems the weather influenced every one's mood. A little dreary, a bit drippy, cool enough to make one uncomfortable, but nevertheless a new start. Before school even began, the girls and I ended up having our own little sweet time picking apart a past scripture they had memorized.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience." Colossians 3:12
It was fun...I love it when I feel like God gives me insight on how to do this parenting thing. One of my greatest goals is to raise up these two girls into lovely confident strong women. I had to remind them that we are told to CLOTHE ourselves in these qualities...that we have to make a choice to put them on. They do not magically get out of bed with their outfit on, and they do not have to choose to put on skin and hair because these things are out of our control, and done for us. But the things we must make a choice to be, do or have is up to us. So today we are choosing compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

No comments: