Monday, April 20, 2009

Waving in the a.m.

Are you a waver or a commencer? What is a commencer you ask? Well, I could not think of what someone is called who just says goodbye and leaves it at that. So, I figure, commencer is good…they have commenced the event. Done. Goodbye. A waver is one who drags out the goodbye. Fourteen byes, stand at the window to wave or go outside and stand and wave, maybe even go to the end of the driveway and wave as the car leaves down the road. Which are you?

With ten years (almost) behind us, Steve and I have merged our two ways of leaving or saying goodbye. Which do you think I am? Steve? The girls are a good mix of both…warranted by the circumstance. Of course, one way is not better than the other, just different.

What about a morning or night person? Which are you? Me? Definitely, night. Now, if it is six a.m. in my book, few words as necessary need to be exchanged. I am a night owl…I watch tv late. I clean late. I read late. I plan late. This does not mean I wake up a grouch. I just like to communicate less before nine in the morning. Steve on the other hand is a morning person. His eyelids part and he is ready for the day. He is like a splash of aqua velva or a whiff of smelling salts.

With ten years (almost) behind us, Steve and I have merged our daily schedule. He stays up a little later, loves it when he wakes up to a newly decorated room with fresh paint on the walls. I love it when he lets me sleep in and takes care of breakfast with the girls and sometimes surprises me with an omelet and a carbonated beverage. Time folks, it takes time for the changes to occur. But it sure is fun.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm a waver with a ton of "I love you's" You can never say that enough at a good bye, if you ask me. I'm a night person. Most definitely! Too bad my kids haven't realized that yet :) Did you really post this blog at 5:52 a.m.? What's that about? Hope your watching where your driving since your little incident!

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I'm a night owl too. Boy do I love sleeping in and staying up late reading a good book. Thank God Craig is willing to be a morning person and wake up with the kidos.

Leslie said...

I am most certainly a waver! But a night owl, no way! I wake with the roosters and go down with the sun. The opposite of Bryan. He is awake like 5 hours after I go to bed and I am up like 5 hours before he gets up. I guess we miss a lot of hours together during the day.

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

That is the beauty of a loving, God-centered relationship, amen? Give and take, supporting each other in our differences and making it work. You are truly blessed!

Xandra