Saturday, January 17, 2009

Serious girl time

A reunion of sorts occurred last night, when five women who shared common dorm life in the late eighties, got together to share some memories, laughs, and catch up on life.

Faith, Melissa, Andrea, Cindy and I went and took up residence in a booth at Mimi's Cafe. I tasted fried dill pickles (amazing!) and had some so-so chicken picata. We covered material from kids to marriage to political issues to schooling, to hormones. Yikes, we are some middle aged fine looking and intelligent women. I am so blessed to have a group of friends who have known me for a long time, loved me for a long time and share with me a love for Jesus.

Before we ended the night at 2:30 a.m. just the three of us; Melis, Faith and I, sat around back at Melis' home and chitty-chatted and I got my hair cut. Thanks Melis. I am lovin' the bangs.

No pics to document the fun, the camera is on the fritz, but don't worry your pretty little heads, I have one picked out... and am ordering it today! Thank goodness for some Christmas money!

4 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Those lifelong friends are few and far between. You are blessed!

Xandra

The Light's, party of 4 said...

I'm so happy you got to enjoy some wonderful friend time. I'm so sad there are no pictures being that there is a new haircut involved. I will see you sunday, I hope. I hope you're enjoying your time with Faith.

Leslie said...

Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see the bangs...

Melissa said...

I'm glad you like your bangs...oh, it could have turned out so terribly wrong!..hehe.

I too, enjoyed our time together...it was SO good for me.

I love you, sista!