Thursday, January 29, 2009

Feeling loved and not a day older

I woke up to love notes taped everywhere, and sleepy eyes with tangled hair greeting me with a "Happy Birthday, Momma!"

That was all I needed...and by ten oclock this morning, I had a number of phone calls all wishing me a great day and making me feel loved. How great is that!

I wonder how my story began, did I cry loud? Was I a good sleeper? How hard was the delivery? Was I tempermental? Did I whine or cry much or was I a quiet child? Did I have a quick humor, get a riddle? I remember things from pictures and my brother (scary!)... like I taught him to whistle and he taught me to ride a bike. Brady Bunch and Little House on the Prarie were my favorite kid shows, I was never a fan of cartoons. Sunday nights we always missed the Disney show or movie, because we had church, but we could count on making the last 30 minutes or so of it with a bowl of popcorn and a chocolate treat. My life has had many chapters, some great and some sad. The most recent ones bring a smile to my heart as I share them with my little girls and husband. They know their story, and it is fun to tell.

My girls are learning the 23rd Psalm as their bible verses this month, so I have been dwelling on it as of late...It is a comfort deep in my soul..

The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
I also love reading Max Lucado's book Traveling Light...it is a great find.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDADY JILL!!!! We are all happy to celebrate the day that you came into this world and made it better just by being here. I am thankful and truly Blessed to know you!

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Jill!
Happy Birthday to you!
Love you! :)

lori said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

Happy Birthday, Jill!! I'm so glad God brought you into my life..

I read the 23rd Psalm as part of my bible in a year plan a few days ago, and something struck me that never had before. I was reading it in the NLT version (which is rare for me) and verse 6 reads like this:
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life.

He pursues me...it just stuck with me.

Xandra

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

What a beautiful birthday post. Very lovely. Nice to meet you!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday!!! And many more....

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I love reading your story; I'm sorry about the sad parts, I know your hurts.

The Light's, party of 4 said...

I'm so glad we get to share life with you. Happy Birthday!! Also, I'm sorry you got the monkey version of the birthday song from Trever. He couldn't contain himself and he just had to sing it to you. love you.....

Christina said...

Sorry I am late...So glad you had a great day and that sushi looks good(but I know I wouldn't eat it cause I don't like fish, but it sure is pretty! LOL)