Monday, January 12, 2009

Ft.DeSoto

Off we went to camp at one of our favorite spots, Fort DeSoto, which is in St. Petersburg. We took a long weekend, enjoying friends, the fabulous Florida weather and the beach. We had a few bumps in the road along the way, but it was a time for me to be reminded of what is really important. I want all of you to know, I remembered.

While looking so forward to spending some time with Steve (since we have been like ships passing in the night), other plans were to be had. But, as I look back on it we did spend some great time together, but he also was able to do the superhero thing too. He spent almost all of one day at Sears getting us a new battery and water pump in the van, and that is without any complaints. Amazing. (CHA-CHING!)

Then he spent another day helping out one of our friends with their car troubles. And then another day. I was very proud of him.

We all are used in different ways to meet the needs of our neighbors, but I am so glad we were honored with the chance to be the givers this time.

This is white sand all of you people living in snow at this time of the year...sorry!
We fed the troops first most nights and then we sat down to our food. Brent and Dave did a killer job on the steaks this night. This is the same table that in the later hours of the evening, once the kids are in bed, is transformed into Canasta playing area.


That is the Sunshine Skyway in the background....oh the water was COLD...but they did not care. They went in, but not me...not even my big toe.


She was raccoon hunting. Silly. There were so many around you did not have to look hard to find them. Super friendly too....they scare me.

3 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

That white sand is beautiful!! We love to play Canasta as well, and his family can get pretty cutthroat!!

Xandra

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Thanks for being our superheroes on this trip! I don't think we could've done it without ya'll! Not only was your man a Godsend but so were you and your girls!

Christina said...

Looks like fun! I love Florida!