Friday, August 28, 2009

ACE

First of all, my apologies for not being able to post pictures in correct order, I will take about 65% of the blame, the rest I leave for Blogger. Okay, so anywho...today was our first co-op of the year. It is called ACE. Ancient Civilizations Explorers. That is who they are this year. One big group of home schoolers from pre-school up to sixth grade. We had our big kick-off day and from everything I heard from students and teachers, it was a blast.
Ms. Symonds read a prehistoric tale mostly for Trever who wanted something to do with dinosaurs! He wants to learn about animals more than ancient kings and land.
Ms. Schott was in charge of outside activities which included a grand archaeologist dig of treasures and decoding of hieroglyphics. They loved it.

Ms. McClung was left puzzled for a brief moment due to the riddles and the heat.

Alma lead her group looking snazzie in her hat. Multi-levels sure help the little ones see what is ahead for them as they grow and learn.

We started the day with the pledge, prayer and a discussion of expectations. These are a great bunch of kids. I am proud to be working with them.

Ms. Kornegay was the Tye-Dye guru for today. All the kids will love their ACE shirts because of her. The colors are perfect and they will look so perfect.
Ms. Light was in charge of showing the kids a timeline of history. It seemed like her station was always empty, but all the kids got it accomplished and she was NEVER alone.

Ms. Russ did what she does best and reinforced some vocabulary. These girls worked on their biography pages of their personal history. Ms. Moses kept things moving along and helped with their binder covers.
This is going to be a great year of learning. Egypt is next, here come the mummies and Pharaohs.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Cool, cool, cool!

The Light's, party of 4 said...

Yeah for ACE!! It was a great day and I even felt like I learned something today. I am looking forward to the year and many learning experiences we are going to have. Thank you Mrs. Porvaznik for motivating each of us to play on the team. We all make a great team of teachers and I think that it will be a great success. When did you talk all these pics? You are so good at being sneaky with a camera and getting such great shots!! Thanks for all you do.

Janet said...

We had a great time at co-op, too! Thanks for all your hard work and enthusiasm - it is contagious! Looking forward to a great year together!

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to see what's next!

Leslie said...

Looks like fun. Wish I lived there!

Stephanie said...

please come homeschool my boys!! You are such a good mom, Jill.
I am excited for your parenting study.
Blogger is ON MY NERVES. I would move in a second if I knew how!!!