Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gotta love it!

I wanted to share a day in the life of our school day... I am so grateful that Steve and I have agreed to home school the girls, it bears repeating.

Without agreeing with a lot of what Oprah says, yesterdays show on the recession and how it is affecting real people, caused me to alter our prayer time today. The girls have a point of reference thanks to the Kit Kittredge movie about hard times and people losing their homes. I wanted them to hear a little of what is going on in this land, and maybe even feel different about asking for non-essentials.

We then finished dissecting the 23rd Psalm, and what a chance to share about how those scriptures have reminded me of "dwelling in His house forever."
Anyone gotta rake to take care of these leaves? Oh my!
Check out those jiffy store feet! Shoot howdy!

Off to math, reading and history. We have been practicing some test taking strategies lately, and my oldest keeps surprising me! Yahoo! We beat the Lewis and Clark horse again today, but she loves it and we have put it all in a book. Lately, when her nose is not in a book, music is in her ears, and Olivia is not far behind. She has a new found love in Taylor Swift's Fearless. This is what happens once school is done and it is another pretty day around here. Gotta love it!

2 comments:

The Light's, party of 4 said...

I love those girlies. I am also thankful that Jeff thinks homeschooling is a good thing. It's a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing.

Jeanne said...

Looks like the perfect day! I know I love having my kids at home with me. The thought of Kindergarten next year certainly has the wheels in my mind going round and round. See you tonight! Love you