Thursday, February 12, 2009

Update on Stephanie

Everyone, I wanted to fill you in on our afternoon. Steve, Stephanie and I went to the doctor's for the surgery. She was a brave little girl. She amazed me. Her trust and faith was so evident.

The surgeon changed her measurements of the surgery once she was able to see the initial sight of removal. We were ready for a large portion with multiple stitches, but were happily witnesses to much less. Stephanie's doctor took less than 1cm of tissue and only ended up with 4 stitches. The numbing cream and shots did what they were supposed to, that was one of many answered prayers.

Thank you for praying. Thank you for caring. Thank you for your words of encoragement.

We are due to go back in one week for stitches removal and for the second pathology report.

Dairy Queen helped soothe the pain, then we came home and celebrated with homemade mini pizzas. Flowers from a friend made all of us feel loved, and Stephanie stepped into a new place of knowledge this week and I am sure it will be a spiritual marker in her life from this point on. She knows she is loved, cared for and surrounded by a community of people who want only the best for her.


Again I declare, we are a blessed people.

9 comments:

Xandra@Heart-of-Service said...

I'm so glad it wasn't as traumatic as you may have envisioned. Sounds like she came through like a trooper...will continue to pray until we see this through.

Xandra

lori said...

She is so loved as is her awesome mom

Stephanie said...

Praise God it went well and for her FAITH!!
You are such a good momma.

Jeanne said...

Yay hooray! I'm relieved, yet not surprised! You are so taken care of! Flowers from a friend?? Seems you're reaping what you've been sowing loved one! Take care! :)

Patti said...

Jill,
I have been praying for Stephanie. I'm so thankful that things went so well. What a brave girl! I'm trusting that the new report will show all clear!
Patti

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Sounds like good news to me! Way to go Stephanie, what a trooper!

Luke Holzmann said...

Very good news.

~Luke

Leslie said...

So good to hear. That numbing stuff is great. I had a patch removed and couldn't feel a thing! God is good...

The Light's, party of 4 said...

I'm so glad to here the report. That pizza looks like lunchroom style pizza.....takes me back to the elementary school days! Abbie can not wait to see Stephanie. She is very concerned and I think she will feel much better when she's in her presence.