Monday, September 30, 2013

New School Year 2013-2014

Okay, so it is not the first day of school anymore, I know. But I am going to post about it! We actually are about to finish the first nine weeks soon, but it's a Monday, so it feels fresh and new!

Olivia began fifth grade at Bushnell Elementary School. Her teachers are Amanda Yates and Dawn Moses. We are so excited about the big changes. Olivia loves school. She has figured out how to study for a test, come right home and get homework done, use her time management skills, and she has no problem making friends. She likes taking her lunch to school, and she is one who likes a challenge. She is pushing for straight A's, but there are two B's that are making her work HARD!
 Stephanie started seventh grade at South Sumter Middle School. She has seven different teachers. She has mostly advanced classes and she loves it! Her favorite is different every day. She is taking chorus and art, has cheerleading 3 days of the week and is very busy. She is making straight A's and loves the independence of her education. She has had to learn the trials of riding a school bus and the blessing it is to be picked up. Having her Aunt Rhonda there is such a comfort for this big transition.


 This is what Stormie does all day when we are gone.
 School shopping. Goofballs!
I also started back to school this year. How interesting has this path been that I had mentioned over 12 years ago. I have loved homeschooling. The treasures are wide and deep that we have of this time. I would never trade it. This now though, is my  new path. I started teaching K-1 Reading for the first 6 weeks of school. We all had fun decorating the classroom. I am sure it will be more than I bargained for, but it will also be like putting on an old comfortable pair of shoes.

No comments: