Monday, August 2, 2010

New school year

My second grader. Her favorite part of starting school was her new organizational cubbie for her pencils and junk. She arrived to her desk with a glimmer in her eye and a skip in her step in anticipation of the new year. She has become quite the reader and I look forward to all the fun we are going to have!
This is my fifth grader. It is difficult for me to even imagine this...my years teaching fifth grade to a classroom full of kids is now at my doorstep. Stephanie is ready for all of the academics, she speeds through books so fast, I told her I am done buying them, we will only check them out from now on! She is still very studious and self-motivated and will craft it up on any chance she gets!
Both of these girls are growing up so quickly, and I am admonished daily to offer them more than the typical textbook. One of the highlights this year will be studying the United States and taking part in a study through the young readers books from YWAM. With confidence we are going to be adding to our regular curriculum as well as opening up new worlds of opportunities!

No comments: