Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Countdown

Whew, it is a few days away from Christmas and then before you know it, we will be watching the ball drop! I figured there are a few fun times to be shared.

Thanksgiving. Not the greatest day, but it made us rethink a few ideas of what is important. Treasures is what I have in my two girls, and I will not allow anyone to rob, steal or destroy them. I will not toss them as pearls before swine, and I will guard their hearts in Christ Jesus.

The weekend after our day of eating turkey, we headed to Orlando for the southeast regionals in cheer leading. We stayed in a hoopie-doo hotel and had a blast. Steph spent the day with the team, Steve got to watch some serious football and Liv and I shopped around Orlando and had a date night of sushi!

They won 4th place in their division, that meant no Nationals, but we were okay with that!

December was knocking at our door, so I got it all out, and those sweet girls put it all up! Yep, they decorated the entire house and tree. I only did the outside! It looks great and I loved passing the mantle along to them! I bet I will get the clean up and pack up job though!

We were quickly into the season, because our church put on the Christmas play the first weekend of Dec. It was not your typical Christmas play, it was about the Black and White God, because of Him, we have color in our lives!

School wrapped up for the semester with both of the girls just out doing themselves. Stephanie's teachers have run out of ways to brag on her. Steph keeps finding ideas to blow their socks off with her projects and she is diligent about her grades! She got a jump start on her spring semester and could finish as soon as Feb. Olivia has fallen in love with Harry Potter and as we read the books as a family, she has a new love for reading. She has finished a few books on her own and I am so proud of her. Science is her favorite and even though she puts Math last on the list, she is doing great!

We had another surprise this month... we went to see the winner of So You Think You Can Dance from this season on TV. She is the sister of our Worship leader! We even went back stage and met all of the top ten! We have pics and great memories to prove it! What fun! And how amazing is Eliana Girard!

This fall the girls have been enjoying a new hobby with their Dad! They went to a Ray's baseball game and recently a BUC'S game! It is fun to let them go and build these special moments with their Dad! It makes me so happy to see there confidence, self-esteem and love grow because of their deep relationship with him. It is something I always wanted for them especially because of not having it myself growing up!

We have been busy with the countdown, it has included ice cream, cookies for the neighbors, buying someone's food in drive-thru, even making gingerbread houses a new way!

The Lord continues to bless us and keep us.

No comments: